The Associated Press | 5/24/2013 | New York Daily News
A lawsuit filed by two massage therapists who sued retired NFL quarterback Brett Favre over claims he sent racy text messages has been settled, a lawyer for the women said Friday.
Lawyer David Jaroslawicz wouldn’t comment on the terms of the settlement, saying only that the case had been “resolved and discontinued."
Christina Scavo and Shannon O’Toole had alleged in a lawsuit seeking unspecified damages that in 2008, while Favre was playing for the New York Jets, they lost their part-time jobs with the team after complaining that he sent sexually suggestive texts to another therapist.
During the 2008 preseason, the lawsuit alleged, the three-time NFL MVP sent another woman a text message asking to get together with her and Scavo, followed by another text saying, “I guess I have bad intentions."
After Scavo’s husband asked Favre to apologize, she and O’Toole lost gigs with the Jets, the lawsuit said.