Unhappy with Your Current Lawyer?
You Have the Right to Switch Attorneys at Any Time and for ANY Reason
In some unfortunate circumstances, you might retain a New York City personal injury attorney only to become dissatisfied with the way that firm or lawyer is handling your case. You may feel as though you are stuck after signing a retainer agreement, but the truth is that anyone can change personal injury lawyers at any time. No court approval is required to change attorneys in a personal injurycase, so you have the right to “fire” your lawyer and choose another one if you are displeased with their service and their handling of your case. The law of New York allows you to change lawyers for any reason you may have for feeling dissatisfied and unhappy with your present lawyer.
Most of the people who have come to our office in the past seeking to change lawyers and then hire Jaroslawicz & Jaros, PLLC have given the following reasons:
- You feel that you and your case are being ignored by your present lawyer,
- You feel that you and your case are not getting the attention you deserve,
- You can never get to speak to your lawyer in person or on the phone,
- You always get to speak to secretaries and paralegals and not the lawyer you hired,
- You feel that your case is taking too long,
- You are not being told the status of your case and why is your case taking so long, or even
- You feel that you hired an inexperienced, or incapable personal injury attorney.
In fact, you have the legal right to change your lawyer at any time and for any reason and the legal fee you pay is the same. You do NOT pay any additional legal fee when you switch lawyers in a personal injury case.
So even if you already have legal representation, you should consider changing lawyers if:
- You feel that you are not getting the attention you deserve, and that you are being ignored;
- You feel that your case is simply taking too long, or you cannot get answers to your questions; or
- Your current lawyer does not call you back or reply to your emails.
- You are not being told the status of your case and why is your case taking so long.
How to Change Personal Injury Lawyers in NYC
The first step when you are thinking of switching lawyers is to discuss your situation with a legal professional at Jaroslawicz & Jaros, PLLC, at no charge or obligation. You will always meet one of the founding partners, either David Jaroslawicz or Abraham Jaros who can help you examine your circumstances and determine whether or not you should change attorneys.
If after meeting with us you decide to switch from your present attorney to our firm, the process is actually simple and involves your signing some papers:
- A Retainer, which means you have now hired our firm to represent you in the future,
- A form called a “Consent to Change Attorney” which is the legal form that gets signed by you, the Plaintiff, your new lawyers and your old lawyers and which the gets filed with the Court and sent to the lawyers for the defendant(s) that our firm is now officially your attorney, and
- A Stop Work letter telling your prior attorney to stop working on your case and to turn the file over to our firm.
There is no reason for you to continue suffering with the representation of some lawyer you hired but are now unhappy with. Without proper counsel, you could fail to recover the full amount of your damages.
At Jaroslawicz & Jaros, PLLC, you will not have to go through a paralegal or secretary to get to speak to your attorney. We truly care for each of our clients’ cases and handle your case with equal importance. At Jaroslawicz & Jaros, PLLC, we are centered on excellent customer service, and we have a strong track record of results to match.
Seek Help from Jaroslawicz & Jaros, PLLC
If you currently have a different attorney handling your personal injury case and are unhappy and looking to switch, we can help you make an informed decision.
Since the usual legal fee in a personal injury claim is the same charged by all attorneys, why not be represented by a lawyer with a proven track record? If you have been seriously injured in an accident, why not be represented by a lawyer with a law firm whose lawyers have over 200 years of experience between them and have obtained over $1 billion dollars in verdicts and settlements for their clients?
If you are not getting answers to your questions or the help you need, contact us today for more information!